A healthy and a well-balanced diet can help your hair to stay shiny and strong but certain factors like age, genetics or few medical conditions can lead to hair loss. So it’s even more important to get the right nutrients that can promote hair growth and at the same time prevent hair loss.
So here’s the list of some foods which one can include in the diet to prevent hair loss:
- First and foremost are essential fatty acids like omega 3 play a key role and include foods like flaxseeds, flaxseed oil, almonds, walnuts and fatty fish like salmon, tuna, mackerel etc.
- Vegan and vegetarian diet lack in Vit B6, B12 which is present in Banana, sweet potato, potato, spinach and other dairy products, meat, poultry and fish.
- Folic acid is also an important nutrient which is present in green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, whole-grains and fortified grains too like beans and lentils etc.
- Protein and Biotin are important for hair growth lean meat, fish eggs, nuts like almonds, walnuts, green beans, mushroom, soybeans, spinach etc.
- Other nutrients like vitamins and foods rich in antioxidants like vitamin C, E, Zinc etc also promote hair growth. So it’s essential to include berries, seeds like flaxseeds, chia, sunflower, pumpkin etc.
Besides, the diet it is also important to stay away from hair chemical treatments as it damages hair and scalp.
- Regular wash and cleaning also helps to prevent hair fall as it helps to keep scalp healthy and clean
- Good hot oil massage also helps in preventing hair fall or breaking and protects from UV rays. Olive oil massage also helps in deep conditioning and prevents dryness.
So overall, leading a healthy, balanced and chemical-free life will help your hair to stay healthy.